7.21.06 - 8.05.06

So it has been quite a while since I've written about life. A lot of things have happened, and so quickly that I still don't think I've completely accepted that they're real. I am now Northeastern in a new home with the boy I love.

I bought a Prius. I like my new car very much. It has GPS, so even if I do get lost I can find my way home. I bought my car from Stokes Brown Toyota in Beaufort, SC; the people I dealt with at the dealership were absolutely amazing. If you are in the low country and looking to purchase a Toyota, I highly recommend you check them out.

I gave my beloved snake, Drake Barnaby Smith-Serota, to Wojtek
, the best Pollock ever. I am sad to not have him around, but Awesome is the best stray poodle-cum-guard dog in the world.

The move was a fucking disaster. Alex came down for what should have been a 3-day trip and ended up a gruesomely hot and humid 5 days of customer service hell. We were finally able to leave Savannah at 8 p.m. on Saturday, 8.5 (we were scheduled to take off Friday morning). The tardiness of the movers squashed some of our exciting plans to detour from the drive up north - an example being our stop in Raleigh to visit the fine gentleman Pedro Warren. We ended up meeting with another Pedro, however, at South of the Border at around 1 a.m. Sunday morning. Here we befriended some fiberglass animals and bought coffee mugs.




We took a short nap post-South of the Border and then continued northward. We had to make a stop in Pennsylvania to pick up some amazing picture boards we bought on Ebay. Pennsylvania is the most picturesque place in the northeast. We were extremely exhausted and almost delirious but it was still worth the detour to see the countryside.

We finally got home at around 4 p.m. on Sunday, 8.5. Alex slept for a few hours, I cleaned and got groceries. Thus begins my new life.

I would like to thank Jon and Jess for being amazing during my last few weeks down south.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home