12.13.2006

Today was most excellent. I worked over at Nikki's house (hard for the money), and it was a beautiful day out so running errands was cool by me.

My dear friend Joseph is finally done with school for the quarter, and just in time for some birthday celebration and much overdue fun times. We have tentative plans for bowling this weekend - thank the sweet lord, I am very much in need of the sweet stench of a bowling alley, and the tender love of sweet Josephine.

I learned today that, according to Empire Corner, "vegetable chow mein" is the same thing as "vegetable chop suey." I was under the impression that chow mein had, you know, fried noodles. Apparently I was wrong. So if you go to the Empire Corner by my apartment, be warned of the aforementioned misconception.

Fortunately, prior to my Chinese food conundrum, I had gone to the magical fruit and vegetable food store on Broadway and gotten pears and chocolate hazelnut gelato. Post-"chow mein" consumption, I enjoyed the most phenomenal gelato-eating experience of my young life. In fact, I am going to take a gelato break right now because I can't stand to be away from it.

Ok, so it is called Ciao Bella Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato. I may buy stock in it.

So as I was eating this delicious gelato while still sporadically coughing up parts of my lung from the remaining 40% of my bronchitis, I saw a commercial for some new Peter Frampton album or tour or something (what it was is irrelevant) - anyway in this commercial there is an instrumental cover of "Black Hole Sun," and for whatever reason I can't get the idea out of my head.

Johnny Cash + "Hurt" = very acceptable, because it's Johnny Cash. Also, Trent Reznor is still pretty alright in my book.

Peter Frampton + "Black Hole Sun" = kind of unsettling.

So after the gelato (that is seriously like frozen nutella from heaven) and the rehashing of early 90's music video memories, I made the short trek over to Zsuzsi's house. Zsuzsi and Jordi just made an addition to their family - a small rabbit named Finnigan. Finnigan is absolutely adorable; he sniffs around like a dog and when he hops on the wood floor he slips a little. It was pleasant to see my old friends again, and I'm very glad they live in such close proximity to my new residence!

Tomorrow I have another adventure with Nikki, and Friday I have an abundance of good holiday times to be had.




1 Comments:

Blogger Helpful said...

Hi I am glad that you caught the TV ad for my new cd. It is an instrumental cd and features 14 tracks. Black Hole Sun has always been one of my favourite songs so it is a tribute to an amazing writer and band.

Before you pass judgement on the track or 'idea' of it, maybe you could listen to the cd. Then I'll listen or read your comments.

I have just received two Grammy nominations - one for the track you spoke of and one for the album.

I hope the voters don't have your preconceived idea of me or the music.

Peter Frampton

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home